A New Jersey native, Meg Kassel graduated with a BFA from Parson’s School of Design in New York City and worked for years as a graphic designer. She now lives in Maine with her husband and daughter, and is busy at work on her next novel. She is represented by Sara Crowe of the Harvey Klinger agency.
In Meg’s debut THE BLACK BIRD OF THE GALLOWS (Egmont USA, Winter 2016), a teenage girl discovers the new boy next door is a harbinger of death, and must find a way to survive in a town destined for destruction.
Meg is the Sweet Sixteens Subgroup Coordinator. She helps members connect with other Sweet Sixteeners who write in the same genre, live in the same area, or share another feature in common.
- Favorite book growing up: A WRINKLE IN TIME by Madeline L’Engle
- Childhood aspiration: A pilot
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Mid-morning
- Book currently reading/most recently read: SINNER by Maggie Stiefvater
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Yoga, gardening, hanging with her 3-year-old
- Favorite sports teams: Boston Bruins
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Too many to list! Being a part of this amazing group is one of them!
Where to find her: