Once upon a time, Kim Savage worked as a business journalist, pitching stories along the lines of “When Murder Kills Property Values.” You can see where things were headed. Now, she writes young adult fiction, and her debut novel, AFTER THE WOODS, will be released by Farrar Straus and Giroux/Macmillan in Winter 2016. AFTER THE WOODS is a psychological thriller about two friends in the aftermath of an abduction, where one risked her life so the other could escape. Nearly one year later, a body is discovered in those same woods, and the girls are forced to face the truth about that day and their own sacrifices.
Kim’s second, stand-alone novel, THESE ARE THE NOTES YOU DIDN’T GET (working title), will be released by FSG/Macmillan in 2017. She is represented by Sara Crowe at Harvey Klinger Inc.
Kim coordinates and writes the Sweet Sixteens regular “16th Line Contest” post, and chairs the Contest/Giveaway committee. As a founding member of the Freshman 15 and a member of the Fearless Fifteeners, she acts as a liaison to those groups, and shares her experiences as they pertain to the operations of debut groups.
- Kim’s favorite books growing up: Everything Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, especially the SHILOH and WITCH series/saga.
- Childhood aspiration: A ballerina archaeologist.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: If she told you, she’d have to kill you.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: EUPHORIA by Lily King
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Writing. Really.
- Favorite sports teams: Yeah right. See above.
- Surprising personal fact: She doesn’t like to share soap.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: It’s basically one constant high. And the camaraderie among writers is like nothing else. In what other profession can you work alongside another person every day, rarely speak, and completely understand them?
Where to find her: