Erin L. Schneider was born and raised in Seattle and attended school in Hawaii. Today she is a young adult author represented by Lisa Grubka of Fletcher & Company. Erin is co-founder / co-captain of the YA Buccaneers and an active member of both the Pacific Northwest Writers Association and SCBWI.
Erin’s debut YA novel is WHERE THE WATER FALLS (Disney-Hyperion, Spring 2016) about seventeen-year-old Sloane McIntyre who discovers her boyfriend and best friend’s ultimate betrayal just before leaving to spend the summer in Hawaii. While nursing a broken heart, she meets a boy who is equally troubled, but just might be the key to learning how to forgive — and live.
Erin handles all things Twitter, Goodreads, and ProBoards Forums for the Sweet Sixteens. She can often be found summing up the Sweet Sixteens authors’ greatness into 140 characters, marketing the group to attract new followers, and organizing the forums into a more respectable chaos.
- Favorite book growing up: Absolutely anything by Roald Dahl and ISLAND OF THE BLUE DOLPHINS by Scott O’Dell
- Childhood aspiration: Gymnast, NFL Quarterback, chef…the list went on and on
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Late night, when the house has gone to bed
- Book currently reading/most recently read: I’LL GIVE YOU THE SUN by Jandy Nelson
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Traveling, cooking, running, shopping, and NCAA March Madness
- Favorite sports teams: Seattle SeaHAWKS and Seattle Mariners
- Surprising personal fact: Quit her day job at Microsoft one month before landing her book deal – how’s that for dreaming big and thinking positive!
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Realizing it’s all really happening…and getting to share the moment with so many other great kidlit authors!
Where to find her: