Award-winning author Nisha Sharma was raised in the countryside of northeast Pennsylvania. With very little to do in a small town, Nisha filled her spare time with eighties music, Bollywood movies, and lots of romance novels. When she ran out of romances to read at her local library, she started writing sequels to her favorites and she’s been writing ever since. Nisha lives in central Jersey where she is surrounded by books and movie theaters that play Bollywood movies all the time.
Her debut novel, MY SO-CALLED BOLLYWOOD LIFE (Crown Books for Young Readers, Spring 2016) is a YA romance. In a story where high school has more drama than the Indian film industry, two Indian Americans learn that a little Bollywood romance just may be the key to a happily ever after.
Nisha is one of two Sweet Sixteens WordPress Administrators (with Jeff Garvin). She is responsible for coordinating posting of new content on the Sweet Sixteens blog.
- Favorite book growing up: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (still her favorite!)
- Childhood aspiration: Novelist. Always.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: In the morning at any available coffee shop that’s close by.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: STAY WITH ME by J. Lynn
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Watching Bollywood movies!
- Favorite sports team: Fly Eagles Fly!
- Surprising personal fact: She was part of a group of 500 selected ‘young visionaries’ who celebrated the New York Public Library’s centennial anniversary by spending 24 hours in the library to write a collective novel. They were the first to actually spend the night at the library and see the tunnels that host the archived books collection. The finished novel is now bound and kept in the rare books collection in the library to this day.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: The other debut authors she gets to share her moment with!
Where to find her: