Melissa’s debut YA novel, ARROWS (Delacorte Press/Random House, 2016), is the story of Aaryn, a wayward cupid, and Karma, a dance prodigy whose destiny is derailed by the power of a single arrow.
- Favorite books growing up: The ANNE OF GREEN GABLES series by L.M. Montgomery and GAME OF DANGER by Lois Duncan.
- Childhood aspiration: Novelist since she was 8, with gymnast and figure skater thrown in along the way.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Morning, with productive spots in the afternoon and late evening.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: THE CURE FOR DREAMING by Cat Winters
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Spend time with her four sisters, travel, enjoy food someone else cooked, see live music (she and her husband went to Red Rocks Amphitheatre this year!) and pretty much anything that involves her family or friends.
- Favorite sports teams: Green Bay Packers.
- Surprising personal fact: Her class reunion happens whenever she goes home because she and her five siblings were homeschooled grades K-12.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Everything. She’s serious.
Where to find her: