Sarah Ahiers is working towards an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults and lives in Minnesota with three dogs and a house full of critters. She has a collection of steampunk hats and when she’s not writing she fills her time with good games, good food, good friends and good family.
Sarah’s debut novel, ASSASSIN’S HEART (HarperTeen, Winter 2016) is a Young Adult Fantasy. In the Kingdom of Lovero, where families of assassins lawfully kill people for the right price, seventeen-year-old Oleander “Lea” Saldana sets out on a path of vengeance against the most powerful assassin family of all.
- Favorite book growing up: INVITATION TO THE GAME by Monica Hughes
- Childhood Aspiration: A veterinarian
- Favorite time/place to write: Late morning/early afternoon in her office
- Book currently reading: SPILLOVER: ANIMAL INFECTIONS AND THE NEXT HUMAN PANDEMIC by David Quammen
- Favorite things to do: Cooking, playing video and board games, playing with her pets
- Surprising personal fact: She’s an identical twin
Where to find her: