Emily Martin lives and writes in the Greater Boston area, though she will always call Michigan home. She has a penchant for impromptu dance parties, vintage clothing, and traveling to new places. Her work is represented by Lara Perkins of Andrea Brown Literary.
Emily’s debut, THE YEAR WE FELL APART (Simon Pulse, Spring 2016), is a contemporary young adult novel. One year ago, Harper made the biggest mistake of her life: destroying her relationship with her best friend – and first love – Declan. Now, Declan’s home from boarding school for the summer, and Harper has three months to fix the past or finally let go.
- Favorite book growing up: JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH by Roald Dahl. Actually, anything by Roald Dahl.
- Childhood aspiration: Veterinarian, professional soccer player, or costume designer for movies.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Mornings, anywhere that’s quiet.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE by Trish Doller
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Hiking, baking delicious things, and eating the delicious things she bakes.
- Favorite sports teams: Detroit Red Wings
- Surprising personal fact: Emily is halfway through hiking all of the highest peaks in New England. Most recently, she climbed Mount Katahdin in Maine, and could not move for three days afterwards.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Getting to know this wonderful community of lovely kidlit authors!
Where to find her: