Amy Allgeyer was born in Kentucky and grew up in North Carolina. The youngest of seven kids, she dreamed of being a writer since she learned to make her letters face the right way. She now lives in Idaho with her brilliant son, a feral house cat, and a fake owl named Alan. As an architect, she spends her days remodeling historic homes and hopes eventually to find a secret passageway to…anywhere.
Amy’s debut novel, DIG TOO DEEP (Albert Whitman, Spring 2016), is a Young Adult contemporary. Pitched as an Erin Brockovich story set in coal country, 17-year-old Liberty is sent to live with her grandmother in Kentucky after her mother is arrested during a protest.
- Favorite book growing up: All of them.
- Childhood aspiration: Veterinarian/Flight Attendant/President of the USA/Writer/Architect.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Whenever the inspiration hits.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: THE RAVEN BOYS, Maggie Stiefvater (loving it!)
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Soccer, volleyball, shopping, renovating her house. (That does not include cleaning.)
- Surprising personal fact: She was born with twelve toes–six on each foot.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: She doesn’t have to wait until 2017!
Where to find her: