Evelyn Skye is an event host at Kepler’s Books; Social Media Manager for SCBWI’s San Francisco region; and the ringleader of YA Lunch Break, a popular Bay Area writer’s club. When she’s not writing, she can be found chasing after her 6-year-old daughter on the playground or sitting on the couch, immersed in a good book and eating way too many cookies.
Evelyn’s debut novel, THE CROWN’S GAME (HarperCollins/ Balzer+Bray, May 17, 2016) is a Young Adult Fantasy pitched as DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE meets THE NIGHT CIRCUS. In THE CROWN’S GAME, star-crossed lovers battle in a lush, magical version of tsarist Russia in 1825.
- Favorite book growing up: THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Mid-morning at the kitchen table, while munching on endless snacks
- Book currently reading/most recently read: GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE by Andrew Smith
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Making a fool of herself in hip hop class
- Surprising personal fact: She has degrees from Stanford (Russian literature & history) and Harvard Law
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Being 16 again! … Oh, wait, that didn’t happen?
Where to find her: