Darcy Woods has held a gloriously weird mix of professions. From refueling helicopters in the US Army, to working as an esthetician in a spa, her most beloved career by far is that of author. Latte drinker, music junkie, and book hoarder, Darcy believes laughter is the best medicine and practices daily. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two tuxedo cats (who overdress for everything) and a closet full of neatly organized shoes.
Darcy’s debut, SUMMER OF SUPERNOVAS (Random House/Crown, May 2016) is a contemporary Young Adult romance. When zodiac-obsessed teen, Wilamena Carlisle, discovers a planetary alignment that won’t repeat for a decade, she’s forced to tackle her greatest astrological fear: The Fifth House—Relationships and Love. But when her heart defies the heavens by falling for a sensitive guitar player hailing from the wrong side of the chart, Wil must decide whether a cosmically doomed love is worth shunning her mother’s legacy—and the very system in which she places a lifetime of unfailing belief.
- Favorite book growing up: THE LORAX by Dr. Seuss.
- Childhood aspiration: She wanted to be a horse, a Goonie, a mad scientist, Olivia Newton-John in Grease, an artist, a vet, a trapeze artist, and a fairy…to name a few.
- Surprising personal fact: She has thrown live grenades and makes realistic pig noises. Usually not in tandem.
- Book most recently read: KISSING TED CALLAHAN (and other guys) by Amy Spalding.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Sharing a release year with so many phenomenal authors poised to light up the lit world, of course!
Where to find her: