Janet B. Taylor lives in such a small town in Arkansas that if you happen to sneeze when you pass by, you’ll totally miss it. (Cause, you know, you can’t sneeze with your eyes open. For real–try it–it’s impossible.) She’s a reader/fan first and a writer second. She lives with her awesome family and Dorda the diabetic dog who won’t win any beauty contests, but has a “nice personality.”
Janet’s debut novel, INTO THE DIM (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, March 2016), is a Young Adult time travel adventure. Sixteen year-old Hope Walton must travel back in time to a brutal, medieval twelfth-century–during the English reign of Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine–to rescue her mother. Along the way, she becomes entangled with a secret society of time travelers and a mysterious boy who may be the key to setting her mother free.
- Favorite book growing up: WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS by Wilson Rawls. To this day, she can’t read it without tearing up. When Old Dan and Little Ann…*strangles back a sob*… she’s sorry, she can’t even talk about it.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Crazy early in the morning. She’s talking 3AM early.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: RUIN AND RISING by one of the coolest chicks she knows, Leigh Bardugo. MORTAL GODS by Kendare Blake (another super-rad individual) and GRACELING by Kristin Cashore. How did she miss reading this fantastic series for so long?
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Travel. And um.. let’s see…did she mention travel?
- Favorite sports teams: Arkansas Razorbacks and Dallas Cowboys
- Surprising personal fact: She has a tiny twin growing out of her side. (OK, that’s a lie, but she is pretty boring in real life, so…)
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Knowing that she’ll be sharing that debut year with this amazing group of authors! And hey, we got 16–who everyone knows is the BEST year for YA!
Where to find her: