Growing up, Isabel Bandeira split her time between summers surrounded by cathedrals, castles, and ancient tombs in Portugal and the rest of the year hanging around the lakes and trees of Southern New Jersey, which only fed her fairy-tale and nature obsessions. In her day job, she’s a Mechanical Engineer and tones down her love of all things glittery while designing medical devices, but it all comes out in her writing. The rest of the time, you’ll find her reading, at the dance studio, or working on her jumps and spins at the ice rink. Isabel lives in South Jersey with her little black cat, too much yarn, and a closetful of vintage hats. She is represented by Carrie Howland of Donadio and Olson, Inc.
Isabel’s debut, BOOKISHLY EVER AFTER (Spencer Hill Contemporary, January 2016), is a Young Adult Contemporary novel. When Phoebe finds out that Dev, the hottest guy in the clarinet section, might actually have a crush on her, she turns to her favorite books for advice. She overhauls her personality to become as awesome as her favorite heroines and win Dev’s heart. But if her plan fails, can she go back to her happy world of fictional boys after falling for the real thing?
- Favorite book growing up: EMILY OF NEW MOON by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Childhood aspiration. A writer. Or a book character. Either worked!
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Morning at the kitchen table with her toast
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Dancing, spending time on the ice (she figure skates!), archery, and knitting
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: It’s a great excuse to sing “Sixteen Candles” really off-key whenever she’s in the mood?
Where to find her: