Jennifer DiGiovanni lives outside of Philadelphia with her husband and three children. She currently works as a freelance writer and owns a small business. When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her cheering at her kids’ sporting events, working on home design projects, or running (though she’s much better at walking).
Jennifer’s debut, MY SENIOR YEAR OF AWESOME (Georgia McBride Media Group/Swoon Romance, Spring 2016) is a Young Adult contemporary novel. A girl desperately tries to avoid the boy she was voted most likely to marry by her senior classmates. To prove senior superlative votes are meaningless, she and her best friend create their own list of awesome high school achievements to be completed by graduation.
- Favorite book growing up: Too many to pick just one! She remembers reading anything by Louisa May Alcott and Laura Ingalls Wilder, ANNE OF GREEN GABLES, JANE EYRE, REBECCA, and the NANCY DREW series. She also read some of James Michener’s sagas (HAWAII was her favorite) because he was from her hometown.
- Childhood aspiration: A television journalist (Barbara Walters was her hero).
- Favorite time of day/place to write: She tries to spend some time writing every day as soon as her kids leave for school and then again at night after they go to sleep.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: UNDER A PAINTED SKY by Fearless Fifteener Stacy Lee.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): DIY home design and improvement projects, volunteer at her kids’ school, watch her kids’ games and exercise.
- Favorite sports teams: She’s a Philly girl at heart, so she loves the Phillies, Eagles, and Big 5 College Basketball.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Meeting so many other talented authors and learning about the behind the scenes work that goes into writing and publishing great books.
Where to find her: