Carrie Firestone spent many years in New York City where she taught English to students from more than thirty countries. She moved to Connecticut with her husband and built a nest with two strong-willed daughters and two stronger-willed dogs. When she isn’t writing or wrangling her nest-mates, Carrie loves traveling, event planning, and organizing community service projects.
Carrie’s debut, THE LOOSE ENDS LIST (Little, Brown, Spring 2016) is a Young Adult contemporary novel. Maddie’s summer takes an unexpected turn when her grandmother announces she is dying and invites the entire family to join her on a secret cruise ship that caters to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Favorite Book growing up: MY SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN by Jean Craighead George
- Childhood Aspiration: To write for National Geographic
- Book Currently Reading: THE GAME OF LOVE AND DEATH by Martha Brockenbrough, GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE by Andrew Smith, WHEN REASON BREAKS by Cindy Rodriguez (she reads lots of books at once)
- Favorite Things to Do: Wander urban streets, throw parties, eat in fancy restaurants (wearing casual clothes)
- Surprising Personal Fact: She once went to a dog pound to donate items for the Girl Scouts and came home with a pit bull who was about to be euthanized. Her name is Roxie and she’s on Carrie’s lap right now.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Starting a whole new career with fascinating new colleagues
Where to find her: