Ava Jae is a YA and NA writer, an Assistant Editor at Entangled Publishing, and is represented by Louise Fury of The Bent Agency. When she’s not writing about kissing, superpowers, explosions, and aliens, you can find her with her nose buried in a book, nerding out over the latest X-Men news, or hanging out on her many social media channels.
Her debut, BEYOND THE RED (Sky Pony Press, March 2016) is a Young Adult science fiction novel. A feud on a distant, crimson planet with established nanite technology creates a violent uprising that threatens the reign of a teenage queen and forces her to turn to her rebel half-blood bodyguard for help, before the planet’s human population is destroyed at the hands of her power-hungry twin brother.
- Favorite book growing up: The HARRY POTTER series, of course! And just about anything written by Ted Dekker. She actually read more adult fiction when she was in middle and high school than she does now.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Early morning, at her desk with a hot cup of tea.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: OUT by Natsuo Kirino and SECOND POSITION by Katherine Locke.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Writing. And Photoshopping (she loves digital painting), and watching movies.
- Favorite sports teams: Team USA. In the Olympics.
- Surprising personal fact: Her first language isn’t actually English—it’s Spanish! But unfortunately she forgot most of her Spanish growing up, so now she understands it relatively well, but is often too embarrassed to try to speak it.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: She gets to celebrate debuting a month before graduating college, which is pretty serendipitous timing.
Where to find her: