Dee Romito lives in her hometown of Buffalo, New York. You’re likely to find her on adventures with her husband and two energetic kids, at the local ice cream shop, or curled up in a comfy chair with her cats. She loves to write, travel, and giggle like a teenager with her friends.
Dee’s middle grade debut, THE BFF BUCKET LIST (Aladdin/S&S 2016) takes us along as two best friends set out to complete each task on their list before the end of summer. But as new friends, epic opportunities, and super-cute boys enter the picture, the challenges on the list aren’t the only ones they face.
Dee is a member of the Sweet Sixteens Admin Team, helping manage the group’s Twitter account.
- Childhood aspiration: Actress, teacher
- Favorite place to write: Wegmans (They have everything in that food court!)
- Book currently reading: THE ROSIE EFFECT by Graeme Simsion
- Favorite things to do: Spend time with family & friends, travel, take lots of pictures
- Favorite sports teams: All her Buffalo teams and the Atlanta Braves.
- Surprising personal fact: She can say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Every time she hears “Sweet 16” she thinks of Sixteen Candles and Jake Ryan. #grewupinthe80s Also, debuting with so many writer friends!
Where to find her: