Lily Anderson is a school librarian and Melvil Dewey fangirl with an ever-growing collection of musical theater tattoos and Harry Potter ephemera. She lives in Northern California, far from her mortal enemy: the snow.
Lily’s debut, THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN ME IS YOU (St. Martin’s Press, May 17, 2016) is a Young Adult contemporary novel. In this romantic debut based on MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, the war of Trixie Watson v. Ben West is as vicious as the Doctor v. Daleks and Browncoats v. Alliance combined, and it goes all the way back to the infamous monkey bars incident in the first grade. The war is Trixie’s for the winning, until her best friend starts dating Ben’s best friend and the two are unceremoniously dumped together and told to play nice.
- Favorite book growing up: THE WITCHES by Roald Dahl
- Childhood aspiration: To become Bernadette Peters (more specifically, Bernadette Peters in Into The Woods.)
- Favorite time of day/place to write: In her home library, as early in the morning as possible
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Cooking, baking pies, crocheting, drinking potfuls of mint tea, marathon-watching TV
- Surprising personal fact: She was home schooled in high school and graduated 2 years early. (Writing YA requires a lot of research.)
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: All of her dreams coming true.
Where to find her: