Riley Redgate is a senior economics major at Kenyon College. In five years, she hopes to have minimum two dogs, and also a job.
Riley’s debut, SEVEN WAYS WE LIE (Abrams/Amulet, March 8, 2016) is a Young Adult contemporary novel. When a scandal at Paloma High School bubbles over, and rumors of a teacher-student affair surface, everyone starts hunting for someone to blame. For the unlikely allies at the heart of it all, their seven ordinary-seeming lives result in extraordinary change. SEVEN WAYS WE LIE is told from each of their perspectives—one for each of the seven deadly sins.
- Childhood aspiration: She wanted to be a shortstop for the Yankees before she realized that only dudes are allowed to play for the Yankees. With her greatest dream crushed, she settled for the secondary aspiration of being an international-spy-and-veterinarian hybrid, which is not an actual job.
- Favorite book growing up: HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN. She loves nobody more than Actual Misunderstood Drama Queen Sirius Black.
- Surprising personal fact: Good God does she appreciate sharks.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Singing with her a cappella groups, playing piano, and songwriting. A secondary, less productive hobby is looking at photographs of Samoyed puppies.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: It’s also her graduation year. So much to celebrate.
Where to find her: