Born and raised in Ontario, Canada, Catherine Lo has dreamed of writing a novel since elementary school, when she discovered her first Judy Blume book. Today, she balances writing Young Adult fiction with her career as a high school teacher. Catherine lives in Mississauga, Ontario with her husband and two children.
Catherine’s debut, HOW IT ENDS (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Spring 2016) is a young adult contemporary. For Jessie, high school always felt like something she had to survive, until Annie came along. But when Annie befriends the girls who tormented Jessie throughout middle school, their friendship is put to the test. Told through the girls’ alternating points of view, the story tells what can happen when friends choose assumptions and fear over each other.
- Favorite book growing up: She was addicted to the Sweet Valley High series in middle school, and has always considered it a great tragedy that she does not have an identical twin.
- Childhood aspiration: At various times, a lawyer, a fighter pilot (blame Top Gun), a professional singer (sadly, she’s tone deaf), and a writer (of course!)
- Favorite time of day/place to write: First thing in the morning, before anyone else is awake.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Hanging out with her kids, knitting, creating overly ambitious to-do lists and procrastinating with the help of Twitter
- Favorite sports teams: Michigan Wolverines (Go BLUE!)
- Surprising personal fact: She has several tattoos, commemorating important events in her life. She’s currently on the lookout for the perfect one to celebrate her pub date.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Getting the chance to meet and work with so many talented people.
Where to find her:
One thought on “Meet the Author: Catherine Lo”
Oh, how I adore you and your book. I can’t wait for HOW IT ENDS to be out in the world!