Michelle Andreani was born and raised in New York City and has never lived anywhere else. (But she would like to try at some point.) She loves staying in, going out dancing, the word “whimsy”, and Luna Lovegood. Her favorite stories have big hearts and swooning.
Michelle’s debut novel, THE WAY BACK TO YOU (HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books, Summer 2016) is a Young Adult contemporary. A dual narrative in which two grieving teens, Cloudy and Kyle (along with a stray kitten), road trip through Oregon, California, Arizona, and Nevada to see the organ recipients of their deceased friend, the novel is a journey of loss, hope, and love as they discover the ways she lives on even after her death.
- Favorite book growing up: So many! But THE JOLLY POSTMAN by Janet and Allan Ahlberg, ANNE OF GREEN GABLES by L.M. Montgomery, and the Babysitters Club series all come to mind.
- Childhood aspiration: Marine Biologist/Dolphin swimming companion.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Anytime! Anywhere! As long as it’s mostly quiet and her back is to the wall. (Literally. She doesn’t like people looking over her shoulder.)
- Book currently reading/most recently read: VIVIAN APPLE AT THE END OF THE WORLD by Katie Coyle.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Planning hypothetical trips to everywhere, and testing out everything in Sephora.
- Favorite sports teams: NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks (you may sense a pattern).
- Surprising personal fact: She once made eye contact with Justin Timberlake. She’s like 99% sure.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: All of it. Really!
Where to find her: