Laura’s debut novel, PLEASE DON’T TELL (HarperCollins/HarperTeen May 24, 2016), is a Young Adult contemporary thriller. Joy always said she’d kill for her twin sister, but she can’t remember what happened the night that the boy they hated was murdered. But someone else does – and unless Joy uncovers the blackmailer’s identity in time, she’ll be forced to make a terrible choice.
- Favorite book growing up: A GREAT AND TERRIBLY BEAUTY by Libba Bray. She’s read it at least sixteen times.
- Childhood aspiration: Writer! The first thing she wrote was some Neopets fanfiction and it was all downhill from there.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: She’s an early afternoon girl. She writes best in brightly lit places!
- Book currently reading/most recently read: JUST VISITING by Dahlia Adler – so far it’s knocking her socks off, or it would if she wasn’t wearing flip-flops. (Thank you, San Diego.)
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Tumblr-ing, watching cartoons, eating, contemplating becoming a person who puts running on this list.
- Favorite sports teams: Is mayonnaise a sport?
- Surprising personal fact: She genuinely likes pretty much everyone.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Getting to be part of the debut group with the cutest color scheme!
Where to find her: