Tobie Easton was born and raised in Los Angeles, California, where she’s grown from a little girl who dreamed about magic to a twenty-something who writes about it. A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Southern California, Tobie hosts book clubs for tweens and teens. She and her very kissable boyfriend enjoy traveling the globe and fostering packs of rescue puppies. Tobie loves chocolate chip cookies and Oxford commas.
Tobie’s debut novel, EMERGE (Month9Books, April 19, 2016), is a Young Adult Contemporary Fantasy. Lia Nautilus may be a Mermaid, but she’s never lived in the ocean. Ever since the infamous Little Mermaid unleashed a curse that stripped Mer of their immortality, war has ravaged the Seven Seas. Lia is supposed to be safe in Malibu’s secret community of land-dwelling Mer. Then a new girl with a deadly secret endangers the cutest boy in school. After making a horrible mistake, Lia will risk everything to stop him from falling in love with the wrong girl.
- Favorite books growing up: MADELINE by Ludwig Bemelmans, THE SECRET GARDEN by Frances Hodgson Burnett, the HARRY POTTER series by J.K. Rowling, the SONG OF THE LIONESS series by Tamora Pierce, ELLA ENCHANTED by Gail Carson Levine
- Favorite time of day/place to write: In the morning, in bed or on the balcony, next to a cup of steaming green tea
- Book currently reading/most recently read: ENDLESS by Amanda Gray
- Favorite sports teams: What are these sports of which you speak?
- Surprising personal fact: She wrote the first scene of her mermaid fantasy EMERGE while in the bathtub, desperately trying to keep the pages dry!
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: All the other incredible 2015 and 2016 debut authors she’s gotten to know
Where to find her: