Jenn P. Nguyen fell in love with books in third grade and spent the rest of her school years reading through lunchtime and giving up recess to organize the school library. She has a degree in business administration from the University of New Orleans and still lives in the city with her husband. Jenn spends her days reading, dreaming up YA romances, and binge watching Korean dramas all in the name of ‘research.’
Jenn’s debut, THE WAY TO GAME THE WALK OF SHAME (Macmillan Swoon Reads, June 2016) is a contemporary Young Adult romance. After getting drunk at a party and waking up next to (a fully clothed) bad boy surfer Evan McKinley, Taylor Simmons needs to salvage her reputation by pretending they’re in a serious romantic relationship. After all, it’s better to be the girl who tames the wild surfer than just another notch on his surfboard.
- Favorite book growing up: She’s sure this is everyone’s favorite, but she loved the Harry Potter series. In particular, the third book PRISONER OF AZKABAN. It’s the book that changed from just an amazing book about a kid wizard into an epic story about family, loyalty, life, and so much more. Plus the marauders’ backstory and the whole storyline with Oliver Wood and his obsession with winning the Quidditch Cup are particular favorites of hers. Oliver and the Weasley twins crack her up every time.
- Childhood aspiration: She’s always wanted to be a writer. She loved books and spent all of her free time indoors reading or at the library. She just never really thought it was possible to actually BE a writer. No one she knew actually wrote. Her first short story was a fan fiction about Dudley for school and she loved it.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: She’s a night owl. Her peak hours are usually between 9pm-3am. She’s tried waking up early to work but she’s just not a happy camper in the morning. And she never cared for coffee so that never really helps.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Binge watching shows and dramas. She also loves to try new restaurants and eat.
- Favorite sports teams: Since she lives in New Orleans, she’s obliged to say the Saints. Go Black and Gold! Who Dat!
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: She’s finally going to be published and her books will actually be on bookshelves and in the hands of readers is amazing and still feels like a dream. And of course, 2016 is an awesome year to have dreams come true!
Where to find her: