Wendy Spinale knew early on her dreams would take her beyond the second star to the right. A journalist, former Disneyland Character, and designated official Lost Girl by Peter himself (true story), Wendy has combined her love for writing and all things fairy tale in her young adult novel, Everland, debuting Summer 2016. She resides in the Bay Area, California with her husband and children.
Wendy’s debut, EVERLAND (Scholastic, Summer 2016) is a young adult steampunk novel. In a world powered by steam and run by pirates, Gwen must battle Hook and the rest of his Marauders to save her abducted sister and search for the cure to the Horologia virus. With the help of the only survivors of the war, Pete and the Everland orphans, Gwen will learn that growing up takes more than faith, trust, and pixie dust.
- Favorite book growing up: PETER PAN! Named Wendy after the Peter Pan character, grew up to be a Disneyland cast member….Peter will always be her favorite.
- Childhood aspiration: A rock star, but her singing can make glass break and dogs howl. So…she became a writer instead.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: A local cafe, in the morning…coffee a MUST!
- Book currently reading/most recently read: THE DARKEST MINDS series by Alexandra Bracken
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Does writing count?
- Favorite sports teams: A’s and Niners.Bay Area girl all the way! (Shh! Don’t tell her New Englander dad.)
- Surprising personal fact: She’s a former Disneyland character. And that is all she can say. If she told you any more Disney secrets, the seven dwarves will make sure you’re sleeping with the fishes. She’s also Italian with some mafia ties way back when. She thinks the dwarves might be too.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Meeting other awesome debut authors.
Where to find her: