Lindsey Klingele may be fascinated with anything castle-related, but she actually grew up in the suburbs of Western Michigan. She moved to Los Angeles (the real land of make believe) and went on to work as a writers’ assistant for shows such as ABC Family’s The Lying Game and Twisted. She loves living in LA, especially since it’s home to great TV, amazing cheeseburgers, and her dog, a pitbull named Bighead.
Lindsey’s debut, THE MARKED GIRL (HarperCollins/HarperTeen, Summer 2016), is a Young Adult Fantasy novel. Cedric West is your typical medieval teen, into sword fighting, hunting, and chilling in his castle. That is, until he and some friends get transported to modern-day Los Angeles. Suddenly he has a whole new set of challenges, and only a fast-talking, street smart film buff named Liv can help him navigate this new world — and hopefully find his way home.
- Favorite book growing up: The AMERICAN GIRL series, particularly the Kirsten books.
- Childhood aspiration: A writer, or, barring that, Belle from BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (a much more feasible option).
- Favorite time of day/place to write: In the morning in her sunny office, with plenty of hot coffee on tap.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL by Soman Chainani
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Traveling to see family and friends, eating at every sandwich place in LA, finding new TV shows to get obsessed about.
- Favorite sports teams: Uh…pass.
- Surprising personal fact: Lindsey sold vacuum cleaners door to door for one summer during college. She was very, very bad at it.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Getting to meet so many other authors and find out about so many wonderful new books to read! 2016 will be pretty great, reading-wise.
Where to find her: