Aditi Khorana spent part of her childhood in India, Denmark and New England. She has a BA in International Relations from Brown University and an MA in Global Media and Communications from the Annenberg School for Communication. She has worked as a journalist at ABC News, CNN, and PBS, and most recently as a marketing executive consulting for various Hollywood studios including FOX, Paramount and SONY. She lives in Los Angeles and spends her free time reading, hiking, and exploring LA’s eclectic and wonderful architecture.
Aditi’s debut, MIRROR IN THE SKY (Penguin/Razorbill, June 21, 2016) is a Young Adult Contemporary novel. For Tara Krishnan, navigating Brierly, the academically rigorous prep school she attends on scholarship, feels overwhelming and impossible. Her junior year begins in the wake of a startling discovery: A message from an alternate Earth, light years away, is intercepted by NASA. This means that on another planet, there is another version of Tara, a Tara who could be living better, burning brighter, because of tiny differences in her choices. As the world lights up with the knowledge of Terra Nova, the mirror planet, Tara’s life on Earth begins to change. At first, small shifts happen, like attention from Nick Osterman, the most popular guy at Brierly, and her mother playing hooky from work to watch the news all day. But eventually those small shifts swell, the discovery of Terra Nova like a black hole, bending all the light around it.
- Favorite book growing up: A WRINKLE IN TIME by Madeleine L’Engle
- Childhood aspiration: An artist or architect
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Anywhere by the ocean, but most days, her dining table or her backyard patio will do the trick
- Book currently reading/most recently read: THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater and CITY ON FIRE by Garth Risk Hallberg
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Exploring architecture, hiking, having people over for backyard snack, getting absorbed in a really great TV show or documentary
Where to find her: