Stephanie Scott writes Young Adult stories about teens who put their passions first. She’s an active member of Romance Writers of America and its online YA chapter YARWA, and a current writing mentor in online pitch contests. She enjoys dance fitness and cat memes, and Pinterest is driving her broke. Born and raised in Kalamazoo where there are no zoos, she’s a Midwest girl at heart. She now lives outside of Chicago with her tech-of-all-trades husband.
Stephanie’s debut, ALTERATIONS (Bloomsbury Spark, July 2016), is a Young Adult contemporary novel. Influenced by the movie Sabrina and set in Miami, ALTERATIONS tells the story of a shy, hopeful fashion designer caught between her lifelong crush and his awkward, nerdy brother.
- Favorite book growing up: LITTLE WOMEN by Louisa May Alcott
- Childhood aspiration: An artist. She drew for hours when she wasn’t reading.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: In the crook of the sectional couch in the evening
- Book currently reading/most recently read: THE ROYAL WE by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan, and also SHADOWSHAPER by Daniel Jose Older
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): dance fitness, cooking, gaming: Fallout, Destiny, Halo, Dragon Age, Borderlands
- Favorite sports teams: Her fantasy football team: The Tim Riggins Experience (because her sports reference is actually a TV reference)
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: All the firsts that come with being a debut author. Challenging and exciting at the same time.
Where to find her: