Jenny Moyer studied writing at Seattle Pacific University, and has written and voiced national commercial spots. She co-owns Luminary, a production company, (http://www.luminarycreative.com) with her filmmaker husband. Their creative exploits have taken them all over the U.S., but they currently make their home with their three boys in Des Moines, Iowa. Jenny writes young adult fantasy and sci-fi.
Pitched as Red Rising for teens, FLASHFALL (Henry Holt/Macmillan, November 2016) is the first in a series and tells the story of a girl who, with her people, is forced to mine terrifying tunnels for precious metal in return for freedom, only to realize that they’ve been betrayed but that she still carries a powerful secret that could change their world.
- Favorite book growing up: FROG AND TOAD.
- Childhood aspiration: Writer, pilot, actress, teacher, singer.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: In the morning after she gets her kids off to school. Coffee shop or curled up in the window seat with her dog, Emmy. With coffee.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: CRESS by Marissa Meyer.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Spending time with her kids, date nights with her husband, movies, traveling, running, assisting on set.
- Favorite sports teams: Um . . . Gryffindor?
- Surprising personal fact: She married her high school sweetheart!
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Connecting with readers and writers, and proving that dreams really do come true if you never give up!
Where to find her: