Jennifer Bardsley is “The YA Gal” on Facebook and the “I Brake for Moms” columnist for The Everett Daily Herald. She also blogs at “Teaching My Baby to Read” with the mission of sparking a national debate on the important role parents play in education. Jennifer is a graduate of Stanford University and a member of SCBWI. She lives with her husband and two children in Edmonds, WA.
Jennifer’s debut novel, GENESIS GIRL (Georgia McBride Media Group/Month9Books, June 2016), is speculative YA fiction. Shielded from the Internet for eighteen years, Blanca’s lack of a virtual footprint makes her so valuable that she’s auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- Favorite book growing up: EMILY OF NEW MOON by L.M. Montgomery
- Childhood aspiration: A lawyer
- Favorite time of day/place to write: The morning, when her kids are at school
- Book currently reading/most recently read: BRANDED by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Zumba or the Tracy Anderson Method
- Favorite sports teams: Stanford Wrestling Team
- Surprising personal fact: She can play the pipe organ
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: It will make her 20th high school reunion even better!
Where to find her: