Paula Garner spends most of her time playing with words and food, despite being surrounded by an alarming TBR pile and a very bad cat. Paula is represented by Molly Jaffa of Folio Lit, and lives in the Chicago area with her family.
Paula’s debut, PHANTOM LIMBS (Candlewick, Sept. 27, 2016), is a contemporary Young Adult novel. Sixteen-year-old Otis copes with grief by swimming, training to fulfill the lost Olympic dream of his tyrannical one-armed friend/self-appointed coach, Dara, but her hold on him is threatened when his first love comes back to town, forcing Otis to face the tragedy that drove them apart.
- Favorite book growing up: She never would have been able to pick just one!
- Childhood aspiration: Writer
- Book currently reading/most recently read: BONE GAP by Laura Ruby
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Consuming things and making things to be consumed.
- Favorite sports teams: Chicago Bulls
- Surprising personal fact: The summer she turned sixteen, she worked for a chimney sweep.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Sharing a debut year with so many other talented writers!
Where to find her: