Emily France is a graduate of Brown University where she diligently prepared for her first career cleaning cabins on a horse ranch in Wyoming. She went on to earn an M.F.A. in creative writing and a J.D. She is now a happily recovering attorney and a full-time writer in Colorado where she lives with her astronomer husband.
Emily’s debut, SIGNS OF YOU (Soho Teen, July 19, 2016), is a contemporary Young Adult novel. In a John Green meets Dan Brown contemporary mystery, SIGNS OF YOU tells the story of 16-year-old Riley Strout who believes she’s the reason her mother is dead. But when she starts catching glimpses of her mom and other deceased around town, she realizes it has to do with an old Jesuit cross necklace she recently tried on and she enlists her friends to solve the mystery.
- Favorite book growing up: A WRINKLE IN TIME, Madeleine L’Engle
- Childhood aspiration: At age five, she told her parents she was going to be a writer. And that unicorns were real. RIGHT ON BOTH. Huzzah!
- Favorite time of day/place to write: In the morning at the public library in Boulder, Colorado.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: 21 PROMS
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): There are other things to do?
- Favorite sports teams: Her high school volleyball team. They won. Once. Or was it twice?
- Surprising personal fact: She married the guy who asked her to the ninth grade dance.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: The moment she told her husband and family that she had gotten a book deal. They’ve cheered her on for so many years as she’s pursued this dream, and it’s been a gift beyond measure to share this with them.
Where to find her: