Erin Petti lives by the ocean in Massachusetts and loves to read about magic, dinosaurs, folklore, and ghosts. She’s studied literature and creative writing, as well as teaching and improvisational comedy. She suspects her cat likes her better than she’s letting on. Erin lives with her husband, excellent toddler, and aforementioned cat.
Erin’s debut, THE PECULIAR HAUNTING OF THELMA BEE (Mighty Media Press, September 6, 2016), is a middle grade fantasy adventure where science and magic intertwine. Aspiring scientist/explorer/cryptozoologist Thelma must embark on a mission to save her dad. But when the journey brings them deep into the New England woods she realizes it might be harder than she thought—there’s someone wielding dark magic, and Thelma is pretty sure they’re coming after her next.
- Favorite book growing up: REDWALL by Brian Jacques – but earlier than that, MOUSE SOUP by Arnold Lobel.
- Childhood aspiration: She was desperate to be an animator for Disney and live in Disney World. That’s how it works, right?
- Favorite time of day/place to write: If she can make it up, early morning with lots of coffee is best 🙂
- Book currently reading/most recently read: A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by Victoria Schwab
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Hanging out with her two year old! She’s the funniest person Erin has ever met.
- Favorite sports teams: Hufflepuff Quidditch all the way.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Fulfilling a lifelong dream! And the incredible support of friends and family.
Where to find her: