Tara’s debut, TIMEKEEPER (Sky Pony, November 1, 2016), is a Young Adult LGBT Historical Fantasy. In an alternate Victorian era, every city in the world is run by a clock tower. Clock mechanic Danny wants to free his father from a city trapped in time, but to do so, he’ll need to stop a series of bombings taking down towers around London. Easier said than done when Danny falls for a boy who lives in one of the clock towers—and who becomes a target for the bombings.
- Favorite book growing up: THE LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Childhood aspiration: Tara initially wanted to be a world-famous singer, but when she discovered she could create (and destroy) worlds at her fingertips, she veered towards being an author instead.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: In a corner of her bedroom, right in front of the window, in the middle of the night.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: MORE HAPPY THAN NOT by Adam Silvera.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Singing, traveling, watching movies, playing video games, cheese-binging, baking (and eating cookie dough), making friends laugh so hard they snort.
- Favorite sports teams: With utmost loyalty to her home city, the San Francisco Giants.
- Surprising personal fact: Despite being ridiculously pale, Tara is half-Indian. She recently traveled to India to see her family (and to do research for her next book).
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Getting to connect with talented, funny, intelligent authors.
Where to find her: