Casey Lyall (5’4”, brown hair, blue eyes, no known aliases) is a middle grade writer from Ontario. She works at her local library where she runs a number of teen groups and waits for management to discover they’re actually paying her to have fun. Casey also loves to bake, watch an “unhealthy” amount of television, and of course, read. She’d consider adding detective work to the list if she could find a proper coat.
Casey’s debut, HOWARD WALLACE, P.I. (Sterling Children’s Books, September 6, 2016), is a Middle Grade Mystery novel. A lonely middle-school gumshoe reluctantly takes on the new girl in town as his assistant as they hunt down the stolen student council treasury and foil a would-be blackmailer.
- Favorite book growing up: Three-way tie between A RING OF ENDLESS LIGHT by Madeleine L’Engle, DANNY, CHAMPION OF THE WORLD by Roald Dahl, and the rest of her book collection.
- Childhood aspiration: Writer or a member of JEM and the Holograms.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Any time between 9 pm and 5 am, seated at the kitchen table, surrounded by cats.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: GOODBYE STRANGER by Rebecca Stead.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Watching all the shows and all the movies, baking, writing, pretending to work out at the gym when actually snoozing on the mats, taking her bike out for a cruise, and singing on the phone with her nieces.
- Favorite sports teams: In no particular order – The Rockford Peaches, Average Joe’s, the Washington Sentinels, the Zucchini Warriors, the Mighty Ducks, the Dillon Panthers, Puddlemere United, East High Wildcats, and the Little Giants.
- Surprising personal fact: She was once in a karaoke contest on a cruise ship. She didn’t win, but she sang Bohemian Rhapsody so really…didn’t everyone win?
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Being one year away from sharing her book with the world and having these Sweet new friends to share the adventure with!
Where to find her: