Wade Albert White hails from Nova Scotia, land of wild blueberries and Duck Tolling Retrievers. In addition to writing, he teaches part time, likes to draw, and has possibly set a new record as the slowest 10K runner. Ever. Also, he owns one pretend cat and one real one, and they get along fabulously.
Wade’s debut, THE ADVENTURER’S GUIDE TO SUCCESSFUL ESCAPES (Little Brown Books for Young Readers, September 13, 2016), is a Middle Grade Fantasy. Set in a world where fantasy meets science fiction and a subversive narrator lurks behind every page, intrepid heroine Anne must triumph over time, destiny, and heretofore unknown levels of bureaucracy to uncover the truth of her quest.
- Favorite book growing up: ANNE OF GREEN GABLES by LM Montgomery.
- Childhood aspiration: As a kid he enjoyed picturing himself in a variety of careers (although superhero was probably near the top of the list).
- Favorite time of day/place to write: He prefers to write in the morning while the kids are at school and the cat sleeps in the chair next to him.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: SHADOWSHAPER by Daniel José Older.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): He likes to draw, run, play guitar badly, play video games, and study ancient languages.
- Surprising personal fact: He was once bitten by a squirrel.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: That he doesn’t have to wait until 2017.
Where to find him: