Erica M. Chapman writes dark, emotional novels with a burst of humor, and lighter contemporaries with smart-ass protagonists. Her writing is represented by the lovely Christa Heschke of McIntosh & Otis. She’s a member of SCBWI and a lifetime Lions and Michigan football fan who loves alternative music. She blogs, tweets, and watches various CW & Freeform shows while typing her next story on her MacBook in a Detroit Lions Snuggie.
Erica’s debut, TEACH ME TO FORGET (Merit Press, December 2, 2016), is a contemporary Young Adult novel. Seventeen-year-old obsessive planner Ellery tries to navigate through the guilt of losing her sister, lying to her best friend, and falling in love for the first time–all while waiting for the date she chose to die.
- Favorite Book Growing Up: THE BABY-SITTERS CLUB books by Ann M. Martin and anything by Christopher Pike
- Childhood Aspiration: Lawyer-Astronaut-Actress-Singer (she was pretty ambitious and a little delusional)
- Favorite time of day/place to write: At night in the recliner
- Book currently reading/most recent: Brenda Drake’s TOUCHING FATE (SO good)
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Watch teen shows, golf, sing, hang with friends, go to loud rock concerts
- Favorite sports teams: For those who have been unlucky enough to see her twitter stream during a game her favorite teams are losing this answer should be easy ;o) University of Michigan and Detroit Lions football #OnePride
- Surprising personal fact: She sang on stage at Carnegie Hall in college
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Besides being a part of an awesome group of talented authors? Knowing that her words will not float into oblivion is a pretty awesome feeling.
Where to find her: