Scarlett Kol grew up in northern Manitoba reading books and writing stories about creatures that make you want to sleep with the lights on. As an adult she’s still a little afraid of the dark. She lives just outside Winnipeg, Manitoba with her husband and two kids, but if you need to find her she’s likely freezing at the hockey rink.
Scarlett’s debut novel is a Young Adult paranormal called MIDWINTER (Rebelight Publishing, Fall 2016).
The day Avery Belmont was born her father disappeared. Now after seventeen years, Avery returns to her hometown and awakens the dark family secrets he left behind. Secrets that connect her to the caustic and handsome Drew Montgomery. Secrets that probably should have stayed buried.
- Favorite Book Growing Up: THE DARK IS RISING by Susan Cooper or anything by Christopher Pike
- Childhood Aspiration: To be a lawyer with great outfits like Ally McBeal
- Favorite Time of Day/Place to Write: Lunchtime at Starbucks
- Book currently reading: GET EVEN by Gretchen McNeil
- Favorite Sports Team: Winnipeg Jets
- Greatest Thing About being a 2016 Debut Author: Finally getting to share the stories in her head with the rest of the world.
Where to find her: