Caleb Roehrig is a former actor and television producer originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan. Having also lived in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Helsinki, Finland, he has a chronic case of wanderlust, and can recommend the best sights to see on a shoestring budget in over thirty countries. From B Horror films to the salt mines of reality TV, he knows how your sausage gets made.
Caleb’s debut novel, LAST SEEN LEAVING (Fiewel & Friends/Macmillan, October 4, 2016), is a Young Adult contemporary thriller. THIRTEEN REASONS WHY meets GONE GIRL in this YA thriller about fifteen-year-old Flynn Doherty. His girlfriend, January, is missing, the cops are asking questions he can’t answer, and her friends are telling stories that don’t add up. All eyes are on Flynn – he must know something…right? But Flynn has a secret of his own. And as he struggles to uncover the truth about January’s disappearance, he must also face the truth about himself.
- Favorite book growing up: ALICE IN WONDERLAND by Lewis Carroll
- Childhood aspiration: Actor, Author, or Artist (later he added Musician and Spy to the list, then redacted Spy when he realized how dangerous and murdery espionage was)
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Typically in the evening, or after a really good run
- Book Currently Reading: NYCKELN (THE KEY) by Mats Strandberg and Sara Bergmark Elfgren
- Favorite things to do: Caleb loves to travel, spend time with his amazing nieces and nephews, and perform humiliating stunts that later on become great ice-breaker stories (such as, “Ever hear about the time I went to a karaoke bar and my fake mustache fell off while I was in the middle of belting out Thelma Houston’s “Don’t Leave Me This Way”?)
- Surprising personal fact: Has a black belt in Taekwondo
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: A lifelong dream finally coming true!
Where to find him: