SA Larsen is a childhood apraxia of speech advocate, former dancer, and Maine-iac ice hockey fan, who has watched more games than she could ever count. Her favorite stories unlock secret passageways and hidden worlds to inspire and challenge the heart. She lives in the land of lobsters and snowy winters with her husband and four children (yes, they all play hockey), where she’s writing the next adventure in her middle grade series.
SA’s debut novel, MOTLEY EDUCATION (Leap Books/Seek, October 10, 2016), is a middle grade fantasy adventure. A class assignment sends misfit medium Ebony Charmed and her legless lizard totting best friend on a ghostly journey for their lives battling creatures from Norse mythology to find a relic that is vital to saving both the spirit world and themselves. But when things go terribly wrong, Ebony must dig deep to find the true meaning of her quest, which has been inside her all along.
- Favorite book growing up: WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE by Maurice Sendak
- Childhood aspiration: To create, whether through painting, baking, or writing her own little off-Broadway musicals.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Early morning or late evening, and usually in her office that’s climbing in books and The Nightmare Before Christmas decor.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: YOU WERE HERE by Cori McCarthy
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Watch a movie or pro sports event as a family, or hang out with her kids during family game night.
- Favorite sports teams: Boston Bruins, New England Patriots
- Surprising personal fact: Up until recently, she was part of the Monday Night Hotties – a group of ladies ranging in age from 22 to 60+, who dance and perform onstage.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Being around some of the most talented and creative people she’s ever met and connecting with amazing readers!
Where to find her: