In high school, much to the dismay of her guidance counselor, Lisa Koosis traded AP English for a creative writing class and a class in speculative fiction. She never looked back. Lisa is a member of the SCBWI, an ambassador for National Novel Writing Month, and an active member of her local writing community. Her short stories have been published widely. When she isn’t writing, you’ll probably find her out walking her dog, or chilling with her cats..
Lisa’s debut novel, RESURRECTING SUNSHINE (Albert Whitman & Co./AW Teen, October 2016), is Young Adult science fiction. A grieving young musician must make an impossible choice about cloning the girl he loved, in this novel about memory and identity, love and loss.
- Favorite book growing up: Probably L. Ron Hubbard’s WRITERS OF THE FUTURE anthologies, which published contest-winning stories from amateur science fiction and fantasy writers. She swore she would have a story in the anthology series one day. (Note: she never did, but not for lack of trying! She only made it as far as the semi-finals.)
- Childhood aspiration: Veterinarian
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Lisa is a night owl. She does some of her best work long after the clock strikes midnight.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: Stephen King’s THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Walking her dog, beachcombing (whenever she can get back to the shore) and getting together with her local writing friends.
- Surprising personal fact: Lisa has an unnatural love affair with feather earrings and has upwards of 15 pairs!
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Not only fulfilling a lifelong dream/goal, but also getting to connect with so many amazing writers along the way.
Where to find her: