Many of our members will be on hand at the NCTE/ALAN Annual Convention this weekend in Atlanta! Here’s where to find them:
Friday, November 18
- Cheryl Blackford will appear on the “Engaging the Muse: Advocating for Creative Thinking in the Common Core Classroom” panel with Anne Nesbet, Tracey Baptiste, Laura Gary, Jennifer Ziegler, and Terra Elan McVoy
- Jennie Brown will present “Teachers Who Write: Finding the Teach, Write, Life Balance” (B311)
- Tara Sim will appear on the “Diverse Voices in Historical YA” panel
- Cheryl Blackford will be signing LIZZIE AND THE LOST BABY at the HMH booth
- Victoria J. Coe will be signing FENWAY AND HATTIE at the Penguin booth
- Elly Swartz will appear on the “Bibliotherapy: Advocacy on the Page and in the Classroom” panel with Lynda Mullaly Hunt, Anne Nesbet, Erin Moulton. Kari Ann Holt, moderated by Paul Hankins (B407)
Saturday, November 19
- Tara Sim will appear on the “Making Space for Advocacy in YA Speculative Fiction” panel
- Elly Swartz will be signing FINDING PERFECT at the MCPG booth.
- Alison Umminger will be signing AMERICAN GIRLS at the Macmillan booth.
- Laura Shovan will be appearing on the “Writing for a Better World: Poetry Response to World Events” panel with Amy Ludwig VanDerwater, Irene Latham, Margarita Engle, and Tara Smith (B210)
- Audrey Coulthurst and Tara Sim will appear on the “Authors Exploring Diverse Perspectives in the Classroom” panel (A404)
- Laura Shovan will be signing THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY at the SCBWI Southern Breeze Signing (A411)
- Tara Sim will be signing TIMEKEEPER at the Sky Pony Booth (#236)
Sunday, November 20
- Laura Shovan will be signing THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY at the Random House booth (#412)
- Sarah S. Reida will be signing MONSTERVILLE: A LISSA BLACK PRODUCTION at the Sky Pony Booth (#236).
- Victoria J. Coe and Laura Shovan will present “Writing Strategies for Teaching Empathy Through POV” with Cheryl Lawton Malone (A310)
Monday, November 21
- Amber Smith, author of THE WAY I USED TO BE, will be appearing on the panel, “Rape and Healing” with Laurie Halse Anderson and E. K. Johnston. Chaired by Ricki Ginsberg. (B312-B314)