Kerri Maniscalco grew up in a semi-haunted house outside NYC where her fascination with gothic settings began. In her spare time she reads everything she can get her hands on, cooks all kinds of food with her family and friends, and drinks entirely too much tea while discussing life’s finer points with her cats.
Her debut, STALKING JACK THE RIPPER (JIMMY Patterson Books/Little, Brown September 20, 2016), is a Young Adult Gothic horror inspired by the Ripper murders. It’s about a Victorian-era lord’s daughter who defies society expectations by secretly apprenticing as a forensics examiner, and soon finds herself embroiled in the investigation of a serial killer who is stalking London’s East End.
- Favorite book growing up: Lots! As is evident by the much-loved copies of her books, but Shel Silverstein’s WHERE THE SIDEWALKS ENDS was her go-to read.
- Childhood aspiration: As a kid Kerri wanted to be everything from an artist to a marine biologist to a forensics examiner before she finally settled on creating characters that could do all those things and more.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Between 9 a.m.—4 p.m. She loves sitting in bed, sipping on a banana/almond milk/almond butter smoothie and snuggling with her kitty mews (whose job is NEVER done).
- Book currently reading/most recently read: One of the last book’s that Kerri read was one of her favorites CRIMSON CROWN by Cinda Williams Chima. She can’t get enough of good fantasy and strong female characters.
- Favorite thing to do (besides reading): A self-proclaimed foodie, Kerri loves cooking for family and friends and even runs her own food blog, sndwchestc.com where she shares her recipes and foodie creations. She’s also a liiiiittle obsessed with reality TV that has anything to do with cooking. Or the Bachelor.
- Favorite sports team: Kerri moved to the south recently, but she will always, always bleed Yankees blue.
- Surprising personal fact: Even though Kerri is a massive foodie, she’s got a bunch of food allergies that make dining out nearly impossible.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Getting to share this incredible journey with an amazing group of writers who are not only fiercely talented, but are kind and kick-butt beyond measure.
Where to find her: