Congratulations to our member with a book releasing today! Click on the cover below for more information about each title:
THE MEMORY TREES by Kali Wallace releases October 10, 2017 from Katherine Tegen Books.
Congratulations to S.A. Larsen, whose middle grade novel, MOTLEY EDUCATION, was awarded 1st place in 2016 New England Book Festival Award, Children’s Category, and also received the Bronze Award in the 2017 Feathered Quill Book Awards for the Best Juvenile/YA Fiction category!
Congratulations to Sweet Sixteens Sarah Ahiers and Abby Cooper! Their debut novels are finalists for the 29th Annual Minnesota Book Awards.
Many of our members will be on hand at the NCTE/ALAN Annual Convention this weekend in Atlanta! Here’s where to find them:
Friday, November 18
- Cheryl Blackford will appear on the “Engaging the Muse: Advocating for Creative Thinking in the Common Core Classroom” panel with Anne Nesbet, Tracey Baptiste, Laura Gary, Jennifer Ziegler, and Terra Elan McVoy
- Jennie Brown will present “Teachers Who Write: Finding the Teach, Write, Life Balance” (B311)
- Tara Sim will appear on the “Diverse Voices in Historical YA” panel
- Cheryl Blackford will be signing LIZZIE AND THE LOST BABY at the HMH booth
- Victoria J. Coe will be signing FENWAY AND HATTIE at the Penguin booth
- Elly Swartz will appear on the “Bibliotherapy: Advocacy on the Page and in the Classroom” panel with Lynda Mullaly Hunt, Anne Nesbet, Erin Moulton. Kari Ann Holt, moderated by Paul Hankins (B407)
Saturday, November 19
- Tara Sim will appear on the “Making Space for Advocacy in YA Speculative Fiction” panel
- Elly Swartz will be signing FINDING PERFECT at the MCPG booth.
- Alison Umminger will be signing AMERICAN GIRLS at the Macmillan booth.
- Laura Shovan will be appearing on the “Writing for a Better World: Poetry Response to World Events” panel with Amy Ludwig VanDerwater, Irene Latham, Margarita Engle, and Tara Smith (B210)
- Audrey Coulthurst and Tara Sim will appear on the “Authors Exploring Diverse Perspectives in the Classroom” panel (A404)
- Laura Shovan will be signing THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY at the SCBWI Southern Breeze Signing (A411)
- Tara Sim will be signing TIMEKEEPER at the Sky Pony Booth (#236)
Sunday, November 20
- Laura Shovan will be signing THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY at the Random House booth (#412)
- Sarah S. Reida will be signing MONSTERVILLE: A LISSA BLACK PRODUCTION at the Sky Pony Booth (#236).
- Victoria J. Coe and Laura Shovan will present “Writing Strategies for Teaching Empathy Through POV” with Cheryl Lawton Malone (A310)
Monday, November 21
- Amber Smith, author of THE WAY I USED TO BE, will be appearing on the panel, “Rape and Healing” with Laurie Halse Anderson and E. K. Johnston. Chaired by Ricki Ginsberg. (B312-B314)