Congratulations to our members with books releasing today! Click on the covers below for more information about each title:
Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet March debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink and Ava Jae!
Andrew Brumbach grew up square in the hippie community of Eugene, Oregon, surrounded by artists and musicians and storytellers. He studied art in Texas, traded options in Chicago, and wandered as an expat through the neon neighborhoods of Tokyo. Somewhere along the way, he married the girl of his dreams and had four practically perfect kids, but never overcame his weakness for the power and transport of story.
Andy’s debut novel, THE EYE OF MIDNIGHT (Random House/Delacorte, Spring 2016), is a Middle Grade adventure. In the summer of 1929, two cousins named Maxine Campbell and William Battersea must brave the streets of New York City to recover an ancient mirror and rescue their grandfather from a cult of desert assassins.
- Favorite book growing up: THE GREAT BRAIN series by John D. Fitzgerald
- Childhood aspiration: Part-time artist, part-time minister, part-time professional baseball player
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Morning, on a deserted island with wi-fi
- Book currently reading: THE LUMINARIES by Eleanor Catton
- Favorite things to do: Travel, be with his kids, play golf
- Favorite sports teams: Chicago Bears, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Surprising personal fact: He narrowly survived the 1995 sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: After a long road to publication, he’s glad he’s not a 2017 (or 2018, or 2019) debut author
Where to find him:
The Sweet Sixteens celebrated a huge milestone on March 2nd with the cover reveal of Marisa Reichardt’s YA UNDERWATER over at Pop! Goes the Reader. This was the first 2016 cover reveal and it was joyous! The excitement is building as more 2016 debut authors prepare to reveal their cover art and we hope you’ll join us for this incredible journey.
The news about UNDERWATER didn’t stop with a cover reveal. Reichardt’s YA was one of the featured 2016 debuts in PW’s recent article on What U.S. Agencies Will Be Selling at Bologna. Among a host of gorgeous 2015 debuts were these Sweet Sixteen books:
THE EYE OF MIDNIGHT by Andrew Brumbach
HOW TO HANG A WITCH by Adriana Mather
HOUR OF THE BEES by Lindsay Eager
REVENGE AND THE WILD by Michelle Modesto
THIS RAGING LIGHT by Estelle Laure