Congratulations to our members with books releasing today! Click on the covers below for more information about each title:
Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet April debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink and Ava Jae!
Anna Breslaw is a former staff writer at Cosmopolitan who currently contributes there as well as ELLE.com. In the past she has been a contributing writer for Jezebel and Glamour.com and recapped multiple shows for NY Mag’s Vulture. Her writing has also appeared in The New York Times, New York Magazine, Paper, and Glamour, and on GQ.com, TheGuardian.com, McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, NewYorker.com and elsewhere, and she only writes about herself in third person. She lives in New York.
Anna’s debut, SCARLETT EPSTEIN HATES IT HERE (Razorbill/Penguin, Spring 2016), is a contemporary Young Adult novel. Scarlett, a teen girl who feels like an outcast at her New Jersey high school, begins writing fanfiction about the popular kids in her grade. As the fanfiction’s popularity begins spiraling out of control, and fiction and real life begin to blend, Scarlett begins to realize that nothing is as black and white, and nobody is as one-dimensional, as she thought they were.
- Favorite book growing up: WAYSIDE SCHOOL GETS A LITTLE STRANGER, by Louis Sachar.
- Childhood aspiration: An FBI agent.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Late at night.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: VIVIAN APPLE AT THE END OF THE WORLD by Katie Coyle, TROUBLING LOVE by Elena Ferrante.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Befriend cats, watch The Bachelorette, eat well-reviewed cheeseburgers.
- Surprising personal fact: She doesn’t like Tina Fey.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: The panic attacks. Just kidding! The first time she saw her cover.
Where to find her: