Sweet Sixteener Carrie Firestone, author of THE LOOSE ENDS LIST, created a wonderful launch party primer for the Launch Party Committee, and she’s thrilled to share it with everyone.
In her own words: “This primer is designed for authors who are trying to figure out how to begin planning the LAUNCH PARTY! I’ve been hosting parties pretty much my whole life. I planned a party and invited all the neighborhood kids when I was three. I was the one throwing those ridiculous high school parents-not-home bashes and the college keg parties and the intimate New York cocktails parties and the outlandish kid birthday parties and the adult charity events. So… I know parties.”
Download the Launch Party Primer here.
Carrie Fireston is a former New York City high school teacher. She currently lives and writes in Connecticut. Find her online at www.carriefirestoneauthor.com, on Facebook as Carrie Firestone Author, and on Twitter.
Carrie Firestone spent many years in New York City where she taught English to students from more than thirty countries. She moved to Connecticut with her husband and built a nest with two strong-willed daughters and two stronger-willed dogs. When she isn’t writing or wrangling her nest-mates, Carrie loves traveling, event planning, and organizing community service projects.
Carrie’s debut, THE LOOSE ENDS LIST (Little, Brown, Spring 2016) is a Young Adult contemporary novel. Maddie’s summer takes an unexpected turn when her grandmother announces she is dying and invites the entire family to join her on a secret cruise ship that caters to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Favorite Book growing up: MY SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN by Jean Craighead George
- Childhood Aspiration: To write for National Geographic
- Book Currently Reading: THE GAME OF LOVE AND DEATH by Martha Brockenbrough, GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE by Andrew Smith, WHEN REASON BREAKS by Cindy Rodriguez (she reads lots of books at once)
- Favorite Things to Do: Wander urban streets, throw parties, eat in fancy restaurants (wearing casual clothes)
- Surprising Personal Fact: She once went to a dog pound to donate items for the Girl Scouts and came home with a pit bull who was about to be euthanized. Her name is Roxie and she’s on Carrie’s lap right now.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Starting a whole new career with fascinating new colleagues
Where to find her:
Website | Twitter | Facebook