1) Randi Pink shares her thoughts in video form.
2) Ki-Wing Merlin discusses how her Chinese-American identity affects her writing at DiversifYA.
3) Laurie Elizabeth Flynn reflects on the need for kids to see characters that look like them.
4) Celeste Lim discusses seeing Britain and America from afar as a child growing up in Malaysia.
5) Heidi Heilig reflects on bringing marginalized voices to the forefront of children’s literature.
6) Ashley Herring Blake shares how listening makes all the difference.
7) Jenn Bishop reflects on diversity in summer reading lists.
Don’t forget to leave the Sixteens some love on their own blog as well as here! Feel free to share this post with the hashtag #SixteensBlogAbout. Until next month, happy reading!