Congratulations to our member with a book releasing today! Click on the cover below for more information:
Congratulations to our members with books releasing today! Click on the covers below for more information about each title:
Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet September debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink, Ava Jae, and Marieke Nijkamp!
Many of our members will be on hand at the American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference this weekend on Orlando, FL! Here’s where to find them:
Saturday, June 25
- Bridget Hodder will be signing THE RAT PRINCE at the Macmillan Kids Booth (#2118)
- Tobie Easton will be signing EMERGE at the IPG Booth (#2165)
- Stephanie Garber will be signing CARAVAL at the Macmillan Kids Booth (#2115)
- C. M. Surrisi will be signing THE MAYPOP KIDNAPPING at the Lerner Booth.
- Tara Sim (TIMEKEEPER) will be participating in the Author Speed Dating Event (location TBA)
- Brooks Benjamin (MY SEVENTH-GRADE LIFE IN TIGHTS), Dana Elmendorf (SOUTH OF SUNSHINE),Melissa Gorzelanczyk (ARROWS), and Erin L. Schneider (SUMMER OF SLOANE) will be participating in an author panel and signing at the nearby Winterpark Library. Click here for more information.
- Destiny Soria (IRON CAST) will be participating in the YALSA Happy Hour (The Pub, Pointe Orlando Complex).
Sunday, June 26
- Destiny Soria (IRON CAST) will be participating in the YALSA Coffee Klatch (OC convention ctr, Rm W107).
- Elizabeth Briggs will be signing FUTURE SHOCK at the Albert Whitman Booth (#2045)
- Dana Elmendorf will be signing SOUTH OF SUNSHINE at the Albert Whitman Booth (#2045)
- Jennie K. Brown will be signing POPPY MAYBERRY, THE MONDAY at the IPG Booth (#2165)
- Panel: “Kiss & Tell: MG & YA Authors Talk Cuddling to Kissing to Oh My!” at the Pop Top Stage. Featuring: Brooks Benjamin (MY SEVENTH-GRADE LIFE IN TIGHTS), Elizabeth Briggs (FUTURE SHOCK), Dana Elmendorf (SOUTH OF SUNSHINE), Melissa Gorzelanczyk (ARROWS), Erin L. Schneider (SUMMER OF SLOANE), Tara Sim (TIMEKEEPER), Erin Summerill (EVER THE HUNTED).
- Destiny Soria will be signing IRON CAST at the Abram Booth (#1226)
- Tara Sim will be signing TIMEKEEPER at the Sky Pony Booth (#2236)
- J. Keller Ford will be signing IN THE SHADOW OF THE DRAGON KING at the IPG Booth (#2165)
- Erin L. Schneider will be signing SUMMER OF SLOANE at the Disney/Hyperion Booth (1350)
Jennie K. Brown is an English teacher by day, freelance magazine writer by night and MG/YA author by late night and weekend. When she’s not teaching, reading or writing, she can be found hanging out with her amazing family!
Jennie’s debut novel, POPPY MAYBERRY, THE MONDAY (Month9Books/Tantrum Books, August 2016) is the first in a midde grade series. It’s about a town where special powers are determined by the day of one’s birth and a girl (Poppy Mayberry) whose Monday telekinesis skills need a bit of work. Because of this, Poppy is sent to a remedial summer camp – Power Academy – where she is teamed up with her arch nemesis, a mind-reading Thursday Ellie Preston, to solve a mystery and combat the awful Headmistress Larriby and her equally awful side-kick Mr. Grimeley!
- Favorite book growing up: REBECCA by Daphne du Maurier.
- Childhood aspiration: News Anchor or Author.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Early morning and late night. Her home office or at a coffee shop of some sort.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: THE SECRETS WE KEEP by Trisha Leaver.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Spend time with her family, travel, eat good food and drink good wine.
- Surprising personal fact: She loves all-things Shakespeare! In fact, her 1-year-old son dressed as William Shakespeare this past Halloween.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Being part of such an amazing group of debut MG/YA authors!
Where to find her:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Add Book
1. SOMETHING’S MISSING: the launch is planned, the cover is fantastic, the publisher is all ready to go….except you completely and totally forgot to write the book!
2. You’re all set for the launch date, and the morning of you wake up and realize…IT WAS ALL A DREAM. You haven’t sold your book and there are three rejections waiting in your email box.
3. You’ve been anxiously awaiting the day for months, and finally it’s here. You open up your box of ARCs only to find that the publisher has put in not your professional author photo, but an image they found of you by Google image searching your name . . . and it’s from your crazy antics in college.