Congratulations to our members with a book releasing today! Click on the covers below for more information:
Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet July debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink and Ava Jae!
Laura Stampler is a Californian turned New Yorker. Laura went to Stanford and has worked as a journalist, writing about everything from dating to social media stars to social justice issues at Time magazine, Business Insider, Huffington Post, The Nation, The New Republic, and The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles.
Laura’s debut, LITTLE BLACK DRESSES, LITTLE WHITE LIES (Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse, July 19, 2016) is a contemporary Young Adult novel. When Harper Anderson scores the summer internship of a lifetime, she moves to New York City to work as a dating blogger at the hottest teen magazine in the country. There’s just one problem: She’s not exactly the dating expert she claimed to be.
- Favorite book growing up: ELLA ENCHANTED and THE WESTING GAME
- Childhood aspiration: A lawyer… but she’d settle for being an actress if that didn’t work out. (She also wanted to be a writer, but that’s the boring answer.)
- Favorite time/place to write: She keeps nightowl writing hours.
- Favorite thing to do (other than reading): Probably looking at pug pictures on the internet.
- Favorite sports team: Stanford Football (proud member of the Nerd Nation)
- Surprising personal fact: She didn’t eat pork for 20 years because Babe traumatized her as a child.
Where to find her: