Congratulations to our members with books releasing today! Click on the covers below for more information about each title:
2016 is coming up fast! In less than a month, you’ll be able to get your hands on some of the great 2016 debuts. Each month, we’ll be posting a printable calendar to help you keep track of those upcoming releases. Here’s January’s calendar. Print it, post it, cover it with hearts!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink and designer Ava Jae!
1. SOMETHING’S MISSING: the launch is planned, the cover is fantastic, the publisher is all ready to go….except you completely and totally forgot to write the book!
2. You’re all set for the launch date, and the morning of you wake up and realize…IT WAS ALL A DREAM. You haven’t sold your book and there are three rejections waiting in your email box.
3. You’ve been anxiously awaiting the day for months, and finally it’s here. You open up your box of ARCs only to find that the publisher has put in not your professional author photo, but an image they found of you by Google image searching your name . . . and it’s from your crazy antics in college.
Originally from Canada, Natalie Blitt grew up on a steady diet of loyalist adventure stories. It wasn’t until she moved to the US that she learned that not everybody sees the loyalists as the heroes. Now she dreams up novels of a different sort: more kissing, less war, but always a lot of loyalty. She lives in Chicago with her husband and their three sons. She knows a lot about baseball. She has no choice.
Natalie’s debut, THE DISTANCE FROM A TO Z (HarperTeen Epic Reads, January 2016) is a Young Adult contemporary romance. The story is about a teen named Abby who goes to a French-language intensive summer program to escape her baseball-loving family, only to meet Zeke, the baseball-playing jock who may have more in common with her than she thinks.
- Favorite book growing up: LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE (It was her Harry Potter. She just kept reading and reading and reading the series.)
- Childhood aspiration: Ballerina.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: 10 a.m. at The Brothers K, her coffee shop in Evanston, IL.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: NOT OTHERWISE SPECIFIED by Hannah Moskowitz.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading):She should say hang out with her kids. But if not, cross stitching snarky messages.
- Favorite sports teams: Detroit Tigers. Because when they win, her kids are happy.
- Surprising personal fact: She’s always connected more with Mary than Laura (Little House), Meg than Jo (Little Women), Mrs. Dalloway than Lily Briscoe (Mrs. Dalloway), and don’t get her started on Ballet Shoes. A friend unhelpfully suggested that she’d rather be pretty than smart. Which is not true. At least not any more.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: People will meet her imaginary friends. And hopefully like them.
Where to find her: